Monday, December 12, 2011

Gymnastics and the Holiday Half

Parker is just finishing up her first season of gymnastics!  She goes once a week for 45 minutes and LOVES it, to say the least.  It's a lot of tumbling, jumping on trampolines, hanging from bars, etc.  Let's just say she sleeps like a champ these nights!
This past weekend we went up to Portland to participate in the 2nd annual Holiday Half run.  Aaron, Annie and Mike all ran the half marathon and Parker and I ran the 5k.  Well...I should clarify that.  I ran the first mile with Parker, while she cried.  Then I took her out and carried her the remainder of the 5k!  Needless to say I got quite the bicep work out in.  Lucky for me a super nice couple came up and offered to push the stroller for me until the finish line!  All in all, it was a great race...Annie finished in like 2 seconds...she is an Iron-woman after all!  Mike and Aaron ran it together and did fantastic as well!  
 The race is held on the Adidas campus in Portland.
 The start line!
 Aaron and Mike on the home stretch!  Aaron is in all black with red sleeves, Mike is in the black pants and grey top.  I love the random guy's face in blue- the look he is giving Mike is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment