Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Tour

I love this time of year...I love pumpkin patches...I love Halloween!  With that said, I wanted to hit up as many pumpkin patches as possible.  

First up, Lone Pine Farms.  We met a couple friends out there and let the kids play.  They have a playground, kids haystack maze, haunted corn maze, goats, a "cow train" ride, etc.  It's a pretty awesome place.
 Parker and her friends Cameron and Marion
 Loading up for the "roller coaster"!
 Parker and Cameron
 The little kids haystack maze

The next pumpkin patch...Thistledown Farms!  Probably my all time favorite.  None of my pictures do it justice.  It also has a haystack maze- but way better- goats, chickens, corn maze and amazing produce for sale.
 Note to self...when you think it would be fun to let a 3 year old lead you through a corn maze, make sure to pay attention to where you are going.  For real- it was Parker, Asher and myself and at one point I didn't hear another person at all and had no idea where we were...it was a moment of "oh sh*$...where are we?!"  Needless to say we eventually found our way :)

Lastly, we went to Northern Lights Christmas Tree Farm over the weekend so Aaron could join us.  So ya, sounds like this place would only be open in December but it has "Colonial Harvest Days" which is pretty awesome!  This is where we decided to get our pumpkins.  They have all the standard animals and pumpkin patch amenities but they also make a tasty latte (I had) and hot apple cider (parker had)...not to mention an adorable shop!
They also have pony rides! 
Inside the "haunted spider barn"











 

1 comment: